Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Return To Fossil Creek


Ah, Fossil Creek...LEGEND!!! (Shout out to Alec). What started with two people committed to spending the day swimming and sunning at beautiful Fossil Creek blossomed into an 18 person mega expedition, replete with joy, danger and adventure. A hot hike down, and sunny day jumping into whirlpools, off waterfalls, swimming through underwater caves and climbing rocks ended with an awesome 4 mile hike out in a full on thunderstorm. The chance to show this unbelievable place to friends and acquaintances just gets me more excited to start leading adventure trips. The feeling I get when someone is just awestruck and inspired by nature dwarfs any time or money outlay to make it happen. When people are inspired in the outdoors, they are inspired to preserve and protect it, and I hope this is the way forward to a sustainable relationship with the earth. I received my AmeriCorps grant this last week and am looking into courses with NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School) and WMI (Wilderness Medicine Institute) to better prepare myself to inspire people of all ages in the future. Days like this make me feel like I understand what life is all about. Thank you to everyone who came out, and may we have more eco-adventures in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment