Monday, January 4, 2010

Wireless works

Thank goodness for public libraries, probably my favorite public resource and it almost makes all the government cheese worth it. Without wireless in the apartment, it's about a 20-30 minute walk to get hooked up, but I'm glad to be online for free. For the last few days I've spent most of my time talking with my new coworkers and walking the streets of Flagstaff. The city's not very big and I feel like I've got the gist of it after a few days as we've already started to establish our hang out spots (Mia's, Macy's Coffee Shop and the Beaver Street Brewery). My coworkers have very interesting backgrounds and I'm enjoying getting to know them. So far we have Me, Casey, Patrick, Jeff, Alison, Heather and Keith in the house with Mari on the way, Sabine living in her own place and Andrew arriving in a couple of months. Backgrounds range from Peace Corps, Construction, Trail Crew, Hawaii Naturalist, Habitat Restoration, Biology Field Work, UC Davis cross country etc. Our director laid out the entire history of the company today, which is pretty intertwined with his life story as he started it after a lot of soul searching and odd jobs. On Wednesday we'll be heading into the Grand Canyon for 8 days of camping and training. Battery's about to go, I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment